Keep a journal of what happened the day your over-ate or made poor choices. See patterns emerge. If it first you do not succeed, try and try again. Discuss replacement of your not-so-great habits and patterns with more positive ones.
1) After a long day of work when I am tired
2) When I have had a fight with my husband
3) When I feel the need to numb out from stress
4) When I am emotional and hormonal before my period
5) When I am in a hurry and have no time to cook
6) Where are no good food choices in the house
7) When I don’t have the money to make a healthy food choice
8) When I don’t give a shit about my weight
Now match up solutions with the times you are likely to over-eat. Keep a copy of this and refer to it until the solutions become second nature.
After a long day of work, I will reward myself with a green drink from the smoothie shop.
When I have a fight with my husband, I will call up my BFF and get some empathy.
When I feel the need to numb out, I will turn on a funny movie.
When I am hormonal I will eat protein and stay away from simply carbs.
When I don’t have time to cook, I will ask for help from my husband and tell him what to make for us for dinner.
When there is nothing in the house to eat, I will use this as an opportunity to clean out my system and eat very simply for a day.
When we are struggling financially, we will only eat whole-grains and vegetables (no expensive processed food).
Click here for a an online workshop series called, "Yoga and Emotional Eating."