Optimal State Essential Framework:
200-hour Training Online
15-month long program
Wednesday nights from 4:00-5:30 p.m. PST time.
Starts August 2017 Online (5 starts dates per year)
Krishnamacharya was a master Yogi who, over his lifetime, taught classical yoga and yoga therapy, to yoga for the mastery of the siddhi powers and spiritual aspirations. T. Krishnamacharya managed to keep these pearls together with an underlying framework that runs through all of the different expressions of his yoga teachings; the golden string that holds the pearls together. Learn how each expression of Krishnamacharya yoga is beautifully compartmentalized, as well as a part of a comprehensive yogic system of thought.
This program is designed for:
- Advanced yoga students and teachers who want to fill in the gaps of the yoga knowledge in the Tradition of T. Krishnamacharya
- Advanced yoga students and teachers who have studied with Amy Wheeler & colleagues in the T. Krishnamacharya Tradition in the past
- Advanced students and teachers who have studied in the T. Krishnamacharya Tradition: TKV Desikachar, P. Jois and Iyengar and other teachers from our tradition are welcome if they are interested in both classical teachings and yoga therapy.
- Students who want to learn how classical yoga provides the foundation for yoga therapy
- Students who work well with modern computer technology, as course is 100% online
- Students who are comfortable with online learning
- Students who have a personal daily yoga practice (asana, pranayama, meditation or chanting)
We are getting ready to launch our 850-hour IAYT Certified Yoga Therapy Program.
The 200-hour Essential Framework of T. Krishnamacharya Online Training Program can be taken as a standalone program or as 1 of the 4 courses that comprise our upcoming 850-hour yoga therapy program. The 200-hour Essential Framework program hours will transfer into the larger Yoga Therapy Training Program. Please sign up for our newsletter and check back on our website for more information!
Yoga Mental Health Specialist 300-Hour Training Program
July 2017 & January 2018 (2 starts dates per year)
The Optimal State of Living™ (OSOL™) teacher-training program bridges the Eastern Wisdom of Yoga & Ayurveda and Western Psychology. Course includes yogic, ayurvedic and philosophic foundations on the nature of the mind and the yogic framework for health and disease.
We will also look at biomedical, psychological and physiological foundations of the brain and how they impact overall well being. This training program is designed to be experiential in nature, including a wide variety of practices and interactive learning experiences.
This program will prepare you to work with Yoga in the fields of:
- Integrative Medicine at hospitals, Senior Centers & Youth Centers
- Veteran’s Associations
- Private practice in the fields of Psychology, Addiction & Treatment
- County and government mental health services
Click links for information on the 300-hour Yoga for Mental Health Specialist Program:
Yoga Mental Health Specialist 300 Hour Program Overview
Yoga Mental Health Specialist 300 Hour Program FAQ's
Yoga Mental Health Specialist Application Form
Yoga Mental Health Specialist Training Venue Photos
We are currently in the planning phase of our IAYT Certified Yoga Therapy Program.
The 300-hour Yoga Mental Health Specialist Training Program can be taken as a standalone program or as a module of our upcoming Yoga Therapy Training Program. Please sign up for our newsletter and check back on our website for more information!
Additionally, Amy Wheeler is part of a team that is offering a 200-hour in-person yoga training at Southern California University of Health Sciences. Please click the link below for details and contact information. 2017-Southern California University of Health Science 200-Hour
A series of free workshops to allow you to check out our teacher training community and get to know Amy in person. These days are free of charge. You just need to email us and let us know that you will be coming. They are held in San Juan Capistrano, CA 5 times per year.
All former students of Amy are welcome to join us too! We want to see you and stay a part of your life!
https://www.yoga-bungalow.com is the website, phone number and location for our community days.
5 Upcoming Community Dates for fun, hugs and food!
All dates will have a lesson, a practice together and social time. They will begin at 2:00 p.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. with the option of going out to dinner together afterwards.
August 19th, 2017 in the afternoon with option to go out for dinner afterwards
Jan. 6th, 2018 in the afternoon with option to go out for dinner afterwards
April 7th, 2018 in the afternoon with option to go out for dinner afterwards
August 4th, 2018 in the afternoon with option to go out for dinner afterwards
November 17th, 2018 in the afternoon with option to go out for dinner afterwards