Optimal State Holistic Toolbox for Healthcare Providers Course
For healthcare providers who want to add holistic yoga and yoga therapy skills to their toolbox.
Who this is for: P.T.’s, O.T.’s, Massage Therapists, Psychologists, Yoga Teachers, Yoga Therapists, Nurses that want CE’s in area of therapeutic yoga
The purpose of this course is for yoga professionals and healthcare providers to add holistic yoga and yoga therapy skills to their toolbox. The course can be taken online from anywhere in the world, or you can come in person. The course is 1 Saturday per month, for 9 months, over the course of a year. Each session is filmed and the recordings are sent to the participants who cannot attend the live session.
- Students will see clearly how yoga therapy is practiced clinically for several different populations.
- Students will learn the basics of yoga therapy assessment of the mind and body and how to document progress towards goals.
This course is 100 hours and it is likely that these hours can be transferred into a Yoga Therapy Training Program, at the discretion of the Program Director. It can be taken in person or online, or by watching the recordings.
Topics Covered in Case Studies:
Building Yoga Business
Scope of Practice
Ethics in Yoga Therapy
Optimal State Model
Bird Model from Upanisads
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Purusha & Prakriti
Addiction in Teens
Grief and Loss
Anxiety and Depression in Teens
Pancha Maya Assessment
Yoga Therapy for Children
- Students will learn the Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice for Yoga Therapy.
- Students will learn the basic philosophy models that form the foundation of the teachings of yoga therapy.
- Students will learn and experience the clinical skills required to become a yoga therapist and work with clients on very specific goals.
- Students will learn the basics of yoga therapy assessment for the mind and body of the client, and documentation of progress towards goals.
Online Zoom platform 1st Saturdays of the month 8am-5pm
In-person at the retreat center, Southern California
Course Start Dates(Yearly):
2020: Jan. 4, Feb. 1, Mar. 7, Apr. 4, May 2, Aug. 1, Sep. 5, Oct. 3, Nov. 7
2021: Jan. 2, Feb. 6, Mar. 6, Apr. 3, May 1, Aug. 7, Sep. 4, Oct. 2, Nov. 6
2022: Jan. 8, Feb. 5, Mar. 5, Apr. 2, May 7, Aug. 6, Sep. 3, Oct. 1, Nov. 5
2023: Jan. 7, Feb. 4, Mar. 4, Apr. 1, May 1, Aug. 5, Sep. 2, Oct. 7, Nov. 4
To request more information including pricing, email us here.