Event Phone: 520.205.1106
Optimal State® Assessment Workshop:
Holistically Assessing Mental Health Through the Lens of Yoga
Melaney Seacat, MA, C-IAYT, 500 RYT firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many ways to assess a person’s state of wellness and balance. The "Optimal State®" methodology, developed by Amy Wheeler, Ph.D., synthesizes profound insights found in ancient yogic and Indian philosophy texts about how to recognize when we are out of balance on multi-dimensional layers of our human system.
This workshop is for mental health professionals interested in learning a new and complimentary way to holistically assess themselves and their clients’ state of balance on physical, physiological and psychological levels. It offers an opportunity to empower you and your clients with skills in self-awareness and self-regulation. New insights and tools for accurately assessing your clients can strengthen your ability to optimize interventions, which can lead to better clinical outcomes.
Through the Optimal State® Assessment Workshop, you will learn about different indicators that help people better understand how to identify potential imbalances on different layers of the human system. For example, this methodology allows for discernment of such things as whether anxiety and/or depression is manifesting in the mind and/or the body. Some simple practices demonstrating how to encourage a system back to balance, and how different integrated body/breath/mind interventions can be tailored depending upon what layer of the system is out of balance, will be provided.
- Understand Yogic & Indian Philosophy models for holistic human assessment
- Learn how the elemental qualities express in your clients (and yourself) on multiple
layers: physically, physiologically, mentally and emotionally
- Discover which elements contribute to causing 80% of mental imbalances
- Develop skills for self-assessment that can be used in daily life for better self-care
- Understand how the client assessment can inform simple interventions for better
- Give examples of accessible yogic interventions for body, breath and mind that can help restore balance on physical, physiological, mental and emotional levels
OPTIMAL STATE ASSESSMENT HANDOUTS
Participants will receive the following handouts to use with your clients:
- 3 Charts for use in educating clients about the principles of self-assessment using the Optimal State paradigm.
- 4 Worksheets to assist you in practicing assessing your clients on the physical, physiological(breath), mental & emotional layers of their system.
DATE: FEBRUARY 23, 2019
TIME: 2:00-5:00 pm
PLACE: Boulder Healing Hub, 1650 38th S#100e
3 CONTINUING COMPETENCY CREDITS AVAILABLE
COST OF WORKSHOP:
$65 Early Bird Discount (if registered by 2/10/19)
$75 (after 2/10/19)
Need more information? Come and meet Melaney and learn more about the February 23rd Optimal State Assessment Workshop at a Free Meet and Greet on January 23, 2019 from 2-3 pm at The Boulder Healing Hub, 1650 38th, S#100e.
Melaney Seacat, C-IAYT, RYT500, B.A., M.A is passionate about empowering people with tools for embodied healing. She is a certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapy and has completed three years of training in the Somatic Experiencing Technique for healing trauma. Melaney trained with senior teachers in the T. Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar Yoga tradition such as Dr. Amy Wheeler and Chase Bossart, and through a month-long internship at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in India. Prior to moving to Boulder, Melaney has worked in private practice and in health care institutions in Tucson Arizona with people dealing with anxiety/depression, trauma, addiction, structural problems, and symptoms related to chronic disease. She also teaches trauma healing methods to teachers in low-income schools. Melaney’s background in Buddhist and other meditation methods, and her prior work as a professional facilitator inform her emphasis on collaboration, self-compassion and self-empowerment in supporting others on their journey toward sustainable health.
- Optimal State Assessment Workshop: Holistically Assessing Mental Health Through the Lens of Yoga
February 23, 2019
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm